Estate Planning Is A Gift For Your Loved Ones
Many aspects of estate planning have to do with death, and few people want to think about the end of their life. In many cases, people will put off estate planning or avoid writing their last will and testament because they believe it is too difficult or unpleasant. However, delaying the process can mean your loved ones are stuck with extra expenses and stressful proceedings after your death. Giving them the gift of a clear, dependable plan means they have space to grieve after your passing and that you have peace of mind while you are alive.
Ohio’s default rules about estates mean that, unless you put your wishes in writing, your property may not go to the people you want it to go to. At Godbey Law, our attorneys are meticulous, and they can craft an estate plan that makes your wishes clear, both for your estate and for your end of life needs. You worked hard to build your estate. Now, let us do our part to protect it.
Prepare for the Future and Protect Your Loved Ones
At Godbey Law, we help our clients gain peace of mind by preparing for the future and setting up important protections for their loved ones. We are highly strategic and thorough in developing plans that will enable you to distribute your assets, prevent family conflicts, avoid taxes and make sure that your choices about medical treatment are honored. A good estate plan can include creating or updating:
- A will that decides how your assets will be distributed
- A financial power of attorney that allows a trusted person to take care of your important financial matters
- A living will or health care power of attorney that gives specific direction about the medical care you want or do not want
- A trust that will serve to provide for family or charitable needs and help you avoid taxes
- A business succession plan that will protect your commercial interests
- Other estate planning tools that protect you and your assets
- Most importantly, you are in charge of the process. You know your estate best, and you know what you want its distribution to look like. We use our knowledge and skill to find the options that work best for your wishes.
The Future Won’t Wait. Neither Should You
If you are unsure where to begin, contact us for a free consultation with an experienced lawyer who can review your situation and advise you regarding your options. The attorneys of Godbey Law can help you develop or fine-tune a customized estate plan that will protect your family, safeguard your assets and provide important tax protections. Please call our office at 513-241-6650 for a free initial consultation or contact us online.